Frozen Fruit Frenzy

When I was growing up, my mother used to make fruit smoothies every day, every summer. The smoothies were delicious, but I always felt so miserably stuffed after just one glass. Now I know why they were so filling - it was the milk! My smoothies these days consist of only fruit and water. They are light and refreshing instead of heavy and super filling. I always slice and freeze my spotty, overripe bananas - frozen bananas make smoother smoothies!



Strawberries + Bananas = Smoothie purity!

Frozen fruit makes a great "ice cream" treat too! I use one part overripe sliced frozen banana and one part frozen strawberries or raspberries, throw them in the blender with a splash of soy coffee creamer and liquefy on the highest setting until the fruit becomes creamy. If you make this, you will probably need to scrape down the sides of the blender several times to get the fruit properly blended. Add more creamer as/if needed and a little liquid sweetener such as agave nectar if it's not sweet enough for you.


Who eats ice cream on a flat plate? Apparently, I do! Weirdo.

Comments